Kim's Chocolate Chip Cookies

December 31, 2016


If you walked into my kitchen right now, I guarantee you would find a jar full of homemade cookies. Friends and family know that they are free game. No need to ask, just help yourself. 

In fact, I've had friends of my children knock on my front door to play. If my child couldn't play, they'd ask, "well can I just have a cookie?"

I've tried so many chocolate chip cookie recipes over the years.  In fact, one time I had my entire family do a taste test of four different chocolate chip cookies I made in order to find the winner.

What's funny is that I found the best to be on the back of Toll House chocolate chip bag.  Yep, that's the winner!  I tweaked the recipe a bit (I added a little more flour and vanilla and lowering the oven temperature) but otherwise it's the perfect cookie.  Crispy on the outside, chewy inside and the taste of butter!










INGREDIENTS

  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature (or zap each stick in microwave for 10 seconds)
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • large eggs
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) semi sweet chocolate chips

INSTRUCTIONS

Mix all wet ingredients together with kitchen aid or electric mixer at lowest speed until just combined (Don't over mix or you'll have flat cookies) In a separate bowl, mix together flour, sugars,  salt and baking soda. Once mixed, add to wet ingredients and mix until just combined combined. Add chocolate chips. Drop spoonfuls on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake in preheated 325 oven (If you have a convection oven, use it!) for twelve minutes or until done. Let cool for three minutes and move to wire rack.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts