Pineapple Slush (Rachel's Favorite)

December 31, 2016


I can't believe the holidays are behind us! It feels like this year flew by.

We normally have a big Christmas feast with our family and friends but this year decided to just hang at home. However, I couldn't break the tradition fully and had to whip up my favorite punch recipe that I've been making for over 15 years. My friend Rachel bypasses the cute party cups and gets a Route 44 size cup out of my cupboard for this drink. It's amazing.

Heads up : this recipe makes a lot of punch! I portion out the punch into three to four gallon sized bags and just add another bag to the punch as it is running out. I always seem to have punch-filled gallon bags leftover for New Years Eve. My family never complains about that ;)

Hope you all had a happy holiday season! On to summer. :)




INGREDIENTS :

2 cans frozen orange juice, thawed
2 can frozen lemonade, thawed
3 large cans of pineapple juice
6 to 7 ripe bananas
4 cups sugar
Bottles of 7-up or Sprite

INSTRUCTIONS :


Place ripe bananas in freezer zip lock bag and squeeze with hand until mushed. In bowl, mix juices and sugar; add bananas. Portion out into three to four gallon ziplock bags. Freeze for at least 24 hours. When ready to serve, place one frozen bag of punch into punch bowl, let sit for 15 minutes. Add two 2 liter bottles of 7-up or Sprite. Serve.

Helpful Hint: 
If the mixture is not forming slush, you can help it along by using a knife or a gloved hand to break it apart.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts